Out for a peddle

I’d been considering having a crack at some Plaice this weekend, though Saturday came and went and I’d not managed to get afloat. Mid-morning on Sunday I decided a spot of fishing was in order, however, whilst packing the car my daughter appeared and asked if she could join me. No problem I thought, though she added that she wanted to go for a paddle somewhere new and wasn’t too bothered about fishing. Oh well, I’m trying to encourage her to get afloat whenever I can, so a paddle it was going to be.

The wind was due to pick up early in the afternoon so I decided to take her to the north side of Portsmouth Harbour where we could paddle about and look at the various Naval ships awaiting disposal. Go for a paddle turned out to be a good choice as her paddling technique was rather rusty. I was a little breezy, though it proved to be an enjoyable couple of hours afloat.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The mackerel season is fast approaching and I’m keen to get her amongst a few shoals, if that doesn’t ignite a passion for angling nothing will!

No comments: