Hobie World Championships Day 1

Well what an exceptionally difficult day on the water, for me at least. I still wasn’t feeling to comfortable with the venue and the various techniques though I did manage a small fish of 13.5”, unfortunately it was 0.5” short of the ‘slot’… it didn’t qualify. That fish was taken on a Horny Toad fished top water can’t remember the last time I’ve had a knot fail due to a weakness, yup, I was a little disappointed!

No photos were taken, I fished non-stop from start to finish though despite my best efforts I was one of several who failed to submit a catch report. The other two members of Team GB both managed to submit results with Ian Harris managing two fish and Dave Morris catching one qualifier.  The limit is three fish, it’s a case of submitting your best three lengths and totalling them up. Photographic evidence is also to be submitted.

Here’s the results for Day 1 of the World Championships ---> RESULTS

Day 2 will see us fish Lake Fayette, hopefully it’ll be a little kinder to me.

1 comment:

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Kayaking Community? Our members will appreciate it.
Members include: Kayakers, Kayaking Experts, Guides, Clubs, Groups, Etc.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
The Kayaking Community: http://www.vorts.com/kayaking/
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor